Dehradun: Getaway to my hometown

Dehradun, the capital city of Uttarakhand and my hometown is knotty to portray in words. It’s famously known as Doon valley, eminent for its picturesque landscape and moderate climate. The place is close to my heart and has a paramount worth in my life as I have lived outstandingly foremost period of my life which includes my schooling, near about a total of 15 years, that’s a lot. Finishing school and moving to this part was my sole election and now in such a work oriented life, busy agenda doesn’t concede our way of living life and how we want to take up things. Recently I got an opportunity with profuse leaves firmly made me chose to visit Doon. At this age what else are we suppose to miss but our childhood, school life and for me Dehradun is the place to be. I left for Dehradun on 28th July and zeroed in on to stay for 3 days.

Day 1:

After reaching the valley early morning on the 29th July instead of comforting for the day I selected to make a visit to FRI better identified as Forest Research Institute. FRI never disappoints me with the enthralling atmosphere, quintessence and green grassland I tend to fall for it over and over again, FRI is into the evolution and development of scientific forestry, also known as Botanical Museum.


Architecture at its finest, FRI has numerous well assembled aisles like this on every side of the building.



 FRI is spread across 450 hectares, amid of it is a Greeko Roman Architecture which is an old heritage building maintained by the forest officials and is looked upon as one of the attractive buildings of Uttarakhand. Being the time of monsoons I get to see the fertile green environs with a breath of fresh air way too far from Delhi’s polluted air.

                   I have to accept I couldn't capture the full edifice in my camera 


 After taking random shots of the surreal architecture and awe-inspiring pastures I made a move towards the very famous ‘Rajpur Road”. This is again a thorny task to expound as the entrancing and engaging road is to be lived practically and it’s unjust to theoretically unfold it. Not just the city has transformed a lot but has urbanized a lot on all the grounds. I still feel a hazard to the development as the charm would be taken away by the giant buildings and malls. But anyway it’s better to see a city mounting with certain alterations. I had to catch up with a friend who of late shifted from Delhi and is thoroughly in love with the valley.

 So I was invited over a tea to a lately opened cafe, Sunburn Bistro and to be sincere I didn’t anticipate the cafe to be that excellent. It was assembled over the terrace giving it a distinctive position and good outlook to the clients, the unsurpassed thing about the cafe was undoubtedly the book shelf which was in one corner of the cafe with chairs and books to take delight over a coffee/tea. Sadly I didn’t get a chance to go and examine the books in such a surreal environment, next time certainly. I am not a coffee person unless I really have to get off the sleepy mode which occurs once in a blue moon instead I like light fine tea to suit my taste buds and I happened to order my aromatic Honey Ginger Lemon Tea, which is like my all time most wanted finest drink and some cookies to go along with the order. 

                          The Honey Ginger Lemon Tea at the Sunburn Bistro


The day ended as instructively as I could have imagined and I bid good bye to the friend and reached home soon. A tad bit exhausted day finally ended with incredible dinner and I was in bed to sleep and to welcome an adventurous tomorrow. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trek to Triund!

Epitomizing 3 chapters of my life in a poetry

Let's make 2013 more productive..