When I moved further towards Kalasan... Part 3



30th January Wednesday


Today out of the blue, I planned to devote my time by exploring the local market till the noon and in the evening I elected to go to see the stream with my cousins. The stream was at a distance of a kilometer, downhill. So I took a leave from home in the morning with my aunt, after having a nice refreshing herbal tea which was a mix of rose hip/rose hep, mint, green leaves and saffron. My aunt knows umpteen varieties of herbal teas and generally prepares by mixing two-three lusty herbs hence, making it healthy and luscious.
The local market is a place called Churag which is 8 Kilometers away from Kalasan. It's a market where all the people living on the near adjacent villages come to shop for not only essentials but for some good amount of other stuff too. It is a full blown one stop shop destination point for the rank and files. It was fascinating to see all the home townies yapping in their regional language (Himachali) and seeing them in their customary 
traditional caps and  clothes. I am from Uttarakhand but I haven't traveled much in my own land in contrast to Himachal. I feel connected to it, quite possible because it’s my birthplace. I find the people belong to a particular civilization where they gain and hand out respect without any high-handedness. That's the reason I say, with me, mankind and nature of Himachal are inseparable, both are heart stirring. In the market, I noticed the dames wearing a customary traditional waist coats, on asking my aunt told me it’s called "Sadri" in local language. So I bought one for myself too just to get indulged with the tune of enchanting Himachali culture.
After a stroll, covering the whole market, we left for home and after having a quick lunch, left for stream seeing. Kalasan is a farmhouse where they grow a lot of things but what make the place so beautiful are the wild surroundings which are also a part of the area which is well cultivated and is within the easy reach and one can always get accustomed with the surroundings.

 I hiked through the verdant forest till the stream down the hill which was about a kilometer away and soon reached the water body a while later. Popping in on the nature is
like self inviting ourselves to marvel over the beauty of the scape and that’s what I did.  The place was quite and serene with just the sound of water gushing from different levels toppling over small and huge rocks. I wish I had a tent, I would have loved to spend a night with the sound of pouring out water and nothing else to give attention to. It’s the best soothing sound which often helps in meditating too. I sat on a behemothic domical rock and spent a while under my breath to thoroughly pacify myself and took in the water drift into my inner self. 






                                                  A capture: water stream down the hill


The elation of being up so close to the nature and caress of the essence of the seascape was a pristine bliss. I enjoyed being a part of the whole experience to the hilt and with the delightful ramble I recovered that it’s an end to the last day in Kalasan, an end to my protagonist journey.

Soon after reaching home I started to pack my stuff back, bunched up the things I did and drew in all the memories I would cherish in the nearing time. After an early dinner of awesome chicken meal I dozed off to get prepared to cover a long distance of more than 400 kilometers back to Delhi.

My journey ends here. 

Tour de force.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trek to Triund!

Epitomizing 3 chapters of my life in a poetry

Let's make 2013 more productive..