Shimla: That birthplace glory


It all started when I noticed some work offs i.e. 26th January (Saturday) and of course 27th January (Sunday) consecutively approaching, resulting in a long weekend and there it was the commencement of planning as how to go about the holidays that are looming soon. Whenever I get an off from work I tend to do something particular as I don't like to waste the day sitting at home and doing “just” nothing. And a person like me always crave for such long weekends, it gives me time "my time". After thinking and getting fully over excited my witty itinerant mind spoke out to me, It convinced me to go for an excursion, a very short trip to a place which is nearby and can be done in two days. So, I thought and thought and thought a lot as which place to visit. But somehow the answer to my question was baffling as my ultimate best place (Himachal anyday) was the final answer. But to go there and come back in such short duration of two days was way too impossible. So I thought deeply and consequently I gave up on the plan.

Life is certainly unpredictable and when out of the blue it surprises me I feel the happiest of all. Everyone longs to be surprised in this journey of life. Sometimes a good thing nudges you right then when you are in real need of it. As I was feeling blue about not making the plan fulfilled due to time constraints my boss unexpectedly turned up and told me about the leaves which are pending , the casual leaves were to be taken before the financial year ends i.e. March. Otherwise we would get them in form of money at the end of financial year if not utilized. As February is a black out period for us we were asked to finish up our leaves efficiently in time. How could I completely forget about my pending leaves is what I was thinking then. Also why would anyone go for money when you can go on to take leaves? What will money do? Make you spend on a thing which will turn out to be a waste after a time. It is not like that I don't want money but my priority was a trip, yeah for the first time, not money. I could have bought a not-so-expensive lens for my Camera may be but right now what was going on in my mind was - Himachal Pradesh. I needed it. High time. Nothing seems to overpower it.I left on the Saturday morning with a rucksack, camera, some essentials and good winter guarding jackets for Shimla, my birthplace, my eternal love for this place is hard to figure out but you can say my body stays in Delhi and my soul wanders in the hills in search of someplace which is quaintly amusing.
My journey was extremely delightful as I read, wrote, listened to my favorite songs which I wholeheartedly relate with Himachal in some or the other way by cause of the kind of musical notes played in it and finally by planning my itinerary. I totally enjoyed my alone time.On my way, I spotted some mesmerizing snow clad mountains at a far on the upper belt of Himachal also I took notice of snow blankets on the road from Solan to Shimla which completely shook me with elation. I was seeing these snow blankets for the second time now. I felt ecstatic as my journey ended with a grin all my way till I reached Shimla.   


I couldn't take a good enough shot than this as I was in the bus , seated. 


PS: Real journey is to begin now, heading off towards the central remote area 100 Kms further Shimla. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trek to Triund!

Epitomizing 3 chapters of my life in a poetry

Let's make 2013 more productive..