Honey-Ginger-Lemon Tea and Elma's

It was in college, 4 years ago when one day the coffee machine broke down and I was offered to have a cup of lemon tea instead of normal tea by the manservant. I am not a tea fan but it was an immensely cold winter day so I had to have it just to kill the cold which was killing me. That was the time the lemon tea synced in completely with my taste buds and my new affection for lemon tea discovered.
And then I found this place- Elma’s Café in Hauz Khas village, Delhi.  They have almost all varieties of cakes, teas, scones, breads, sandwiches, and fresh juices which a café is generally comprised of. It’s a small café that plays Jazz all the time and changes the mood completely plus the ambience is a replica of a local European Tea Room with mini toy crockery adorned on the shelves mainly tea-cups, saucers, tea-pots, sugar bowl and pitcher.  With the exclusive surroundings of the place, the best thing I found was of course the honey-ginger-lemon tea which was a modified version of my common lemon tea.  As the name says itself it’s a unique combination of tea with a savor of ginger in it, honey is optional, one can have it with sugar too. Another great component is the scones which we get with cream and raspberry jam, which synchronizes with the teas of this place.And lastly my all time favorite a slice of red velvet cake which is not very sweet or less sweet, it’s just the right taste as I am allergic to too much sweet especially when it comes to cakes and cookies.
So if you are a tea or cake lover, do visit this place. I am sure you’ll love it!



                                                          A mix of everything @ ELMA'S !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trek to Triund!

Epitomizing 3 chapters of my life in a poetry

Let's make 2013 more productive..